Samsung has released the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra under its flagship Galaxy Note series on August 21, 2020. It was officially announced in Galaxy Unpacked 2020 Event which took place on August 5, 2020. According to Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Reviews from different websites, we can say that it isn’t a great upgrade over it’s predecessors, but has a beautiful design, gigantic display, new features and remarkable cameras. If you don’t have a problem with budget, then its a great device you should buy.
It is available in 3 different color variants:
- Black – Mystic Black
- Bronze – Mystic Bronze
- White – Mystic White
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Review: Overview
|Release Date||August 21, 2020|
|Color Variants||Mystic Black (Black), Mystic Bronze (Bronze), Mystic White (White)|
|Display||6.9″ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display (1440 x 3088 px)|
|Operating System (OS)||Android v10|
|Chipset||Exynos 990 (7 nm+)|
|RAM||8 GB LPDDR5 RAM|
|Internal Storage||256 GB / 512 GB|
|Rear Camera||108 + 12 + 12 MP (Triple Camera)|
|Front Camera||10 MP (Single Camera)|
|Battery||4500 mAh (Li-io non-removable)|
|Dimensions||(164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1)mm / (6.49 x 3.04 x 0.32)inch|
|Weight||208 g / 7.337 oz|
You can get the full detailed specifications of Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
Note 20 Ultra Design: As beautiful as it is powerful
- Made up of Stainless Steel Frame
- Front and Rear are protected with Gorilla Glass Victus
- IP68 Rating
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is designed with Stainless Steel Frame and is available in 3 different color variants – Mystic Black (Black), Mystic Bronze (Bronze), Mystic White (White). The Front and Rear are protected with Gorilla Glass Victus (the toughest Gorilla Glass till date). All the color variants of the smartphone looks amazingly beautiful even from a distance.
The smartphone has an IP68 rating – which allows it to be immersed underwater(1.5m) for 30 minutes. It is a gigantic device having a dimension of (164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1)mm and weighs around 208 grams. It is difficult to use the device one handedly. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra models available are: SM-N985F/DS, SM-N985F.
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Unboxing:
Note 20 Ultra Display: Curved-Edge Infinity-O show
- 6.9″ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Curved-Edge Display
- Has a resolution of 1440 x 3088 px
- Has an refresh rate of 120Hz
- Features HDR10+
The smartphone features a 6.9″ Dynamic AMOLED 2X curved-edge Capacitive Touchscreen display. It has a resolution of 1440 x 3088 px with an pixel density of 495 ppi. The featured display is as big as the body, having a screen-to-body ratio of aprrox ~91.7%. The full body display has a hole at the top centre for the front camera. But still the gigantic display looks so stunning and is best for gaming and watching movies at high resolution.
The device has a maximum refresh rate of 120Hz(QHD). It is also the first smartphone featuring a variable refresh rate, which allows the refresh rate to drop down when not needed to increase the battery performance. It is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus and has an always-on display feature. It has HDR10+ which is a High Dynamic Range Video Technology with the dynamic metadata added to HDR10 source files.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Review: Processor and Performance
- Operating System – Android v10
- Has One UI 2.5 software
- Powered with Exynos 990 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ chipset
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra runs on Android version 10 operating system. It has a One UI 2.5 companies proprietary software. The device is powered with Exynos 990 / Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ chipset. Having all this high end processor, you will have an extraordinary experience while using the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
The smartphone features an octa-core CPU paired with an 8 GB LPDDR5 RAM. There are two different GPU used for different chipset:
Note 20 Ultra Camera: Pro Setup for photography and videography
- 108 + 12 + 12 MP
- Has 50x hybrid zoom and 5x optical zoom
- Video can be recorded at 8K
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra have an Triple lens Camera setup, which consist:
- Wide-Angle Camera – It features 108 Megapixels with an aperture of f/1.8. The camera has a focal length of 26mm and pixel size of 0.8µm. It has a 79° Field View. It also features PDAF (Phase Detection Auto-Focus), Laser AF (Laser Auto-focus) and OIS (Optical Image Stabilization).
- Ultrawide-Angle Camera – It features 12 Megapixels with an aperture of f/2.2. The camera has a focal length of 13mm and pixel size of 1.4µm. It has a 120° Field View which results into capturing an ultra wide angle photo.
- Telephoto Camera – It features 12 Megapixels with an aperture of f/3.0. The camera has a focal length of 120mm and pixel size of 1.0µm. It has a 20° Field View. It also features PDAF (Phase Detection Auto-Focus), OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), 5x optical zoom, 50x hybrid zoom.
With the Triple Camera setup you can have all the features like 50x hybrid zoom, 5x optical zoom, OIS, etc., which finally gives you an amazing photo shoot experience.
Now coming to the video quality, the video can be recorded at different definitions –
- 720p – 960fps (frames per second)
- 1080p – 30/60/240fps
- 4K – 30/60fps
- 8K – 24fps
The highest definition at which the video can be recorded is 8K, which gives you great quality of video. It also features stereo sound recording, gyro-EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) & OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). You won’t get disappointed with the device when it comes to video recording or filming a short film with it.
- Single 10 MP Camera
- Has Dual Pixel PDAF
The smartphone has the front camera at the top centre of display. It features 10 Megapixels with an aperture of f/2.2. The camera has a focal length of 26mm and pixel size of 1.22µm. It has a 80° Field View. It also features Dual Pixel PDAF (Phase Detection Auto-Focus). You can take mind blowing selfies with features like this.
Now talking about the video, even front camera can take videos at different definitions:
- 1080p – 30fps (frames per second)
- 4K – 30/60fps
The features available for video while using the front camera are: Dual Video call (It enables you to recieve or make a video call to anyone while showing them what you are looking at the screen during video call), Auto HDR and many more.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Review: Features
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra has many features that makes the usage of the phone in your daily life simple. Some of the the features are:
- Fingerprint Sensor – The device has an Ultrasonic under display fingerprint sensor, which makes it quick to unlock the home screen. It can also be used with many apps that support the unlocking using the fingerprint.
- Wireless DeX – This feature allows you to convert your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra into a mini desktop.
- Bixby – It is a virtual assistance that performs your task with help of the voice input given by you. You can perform your daily tasks by interacting with bixby using your voice.
- ANT+Sensor – It enables you to keep a track of your sports, fitness and health data in real time.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Review: Storage and Battery
- Internal Storage Option – 256GB / 512GB
- It also supports external storage
- Battery capacity – 4500 mAh
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra comes in two storage options – 256GB and 512GB. It also supports external storage, so you can insert a microSDXC card to increase the storage space. Tho the maximum external storage supported by the device is 1 TB. After all this, I can be sure that you won’t run out off storage space while using Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
The smartphone is powered by a 4500 mAh battery. It is a Li-ion non removable battery. It supports Fast Charging (25W), Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging and even reverse wireless charging (9W).
Best Available Prices:
Prices in India:
|256GB / 12GB (Mystic Black / Mystic Bronze)||₹ 1,04,999.00|
Prices in America:
|(128GB / 512GB) / 8GB (Mystic White / Mystic Black / Mystic Bronze)||$1,099.00 / $1,249.99|
Prices in UK:
|(256GB / 512GB) (Mystic White / Mystic Black / Mystic Bronze)||£1,174.36 / £1,279.00|
Submit your review